[Bug] MPEG in OS X 10.2?

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 2 19:17:27 UTC 2002

I can't get MPEG opening to work on my OS 10.2 Titanium Powerbook with
a freshly downloaded new 3.2 image and VM (3.2.8Beta5).  No error -- it
just does nothing after selecting a file and clicking OK in the file
dialog. The same download opens and plays MPEGs (exact same MPEG files)
fine on my 10.1.5 G4 Desktop.  I've tried rebooting with no luck.

Is anyone else finding any issue with MPEGs in OS 10.2?  (Of course, it
could be something other 10.2, but that's the most glaring of the few
differences between my TiBook and my G4 desktop.)

I've also tried CocoaSqueak, but with the same result.

Thanks!
  Mark

Mark Guzdial : Georgia Tech : College of Computing
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280
Associate Professor, Learning Sciences & Technologies
Collaborative Software Lab, http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~mark.guzdial/