Refactoring Browser - new release, new home and other news.

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sun Oct 6 00:12:54 UTC 2002

Daniel,

Wow.  Many thanks - it works great.  Filed in clean, everything seems to
perform as advertised.

Incidentally, the first thing I did was made RefactoringBrowser a subclass
of PackagePaneBrowser instead of Browser, with no ill effects.

> Using Avi Bryant's ModuleFiler, I am able to file out the related system
> categories and all their  class extensions to the base image with one
> operation, creating one file. The normal system categories and method
> categories keep my layering information intact and more consistent than
> I could with changesets.

Yes - I've completely ignored the whole changeset system for quite a while
now, and it's been a great improvement.  Perhaps I'll write up a short
tutorial on using "logical modules" and managing Squeak source code with
CVS and such...

Avi