A summary of a few recent projects

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Sun Oct 6 22:01:38 UTC 2002

You're right - SqueakMap is a catalog. It's purpose is to make package
visible and easily installable. It doesn't explicitly manage conflicts
or dependencies.

There is a nice trick we could use to help with dependencies: upload a
package that loads other packages, like this -

packages _ {'Refactoring Browser'. 'SM Package Loader'} collect:
[:packageName |
SMSqueakMap default cardWithName: packageName].
packages do: [:package | (SMInstaller forPackage: package directory:
package downloadUrl) install]

Just put something like this in an .st.gz file somewhere on the web,
register your package using the web form at
http://marvin.bluefish.se:8000/sm/regpackage, including the download
url, and that's it, anyone can now load all required components in
proper order.

Daniel Vainsencher