[JOB] Smalltalking Skier Wanted

Colin Putney cputney at whistler.net
Wed Oct 9 00:58:53 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I'm looking for someone to fill a full-time developer position here a
Whistler.com.

We operate a central reservations service in Whistler, which is a major
ski resort just north of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The
reservations are processed by an in-house reservation system, which
we've developed over the last several years.

We're currently in the early stages of a migration away from our PHP
codebase to a more object-oriented architecture. Most of our new work
is being done in Squeak, and we expect to gradually port everything to
Smalltalk.

I'm looking for an experienced developer who's comfortable working in
Smalltalk and PHP. We're a small, agile development team practicing a
sort of pseudo-XP, so physical presence in our Whistler office is
important.

Being a skier, snowboarder, or mountain biker is a big plus, if not an
actual requirement. Our ethic is "Work hard, play hard." Living in a
ski resort can be a awesome if you take advantage of the perks.

Does this sound like you? Please send me your resume!

Thanks,

Colin

Colin Putney
Whistler.com