[BUG] Problem with renaming classes

Ken Causey ken at ineffable.com
Wed Oct 9 18:24:07 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 11:28, Boris Gaertner wrote:

> Ken Causey <ken at ineffable.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm using 3.2-4956 and I think I've found a problem with renaming a
> > class
...snip...

> > Needless to say, this is annoying.
> >
> This is really an interesting scenario. Change sets try to record
> your changes to reproduce them in a differnt image.  This does
> not cover all possible scenarios.
>
> To avoid the problem, you can choose one of two solutions:

...snip some suggestions...

> Greetings, Boris

Thank you very much for your response.  I'm currently managing to "work
around" the issue by using the DVS functionality to produce .st files
which I file into CVS.  I suspect that this is effectively equivalent to
using changesets without history.  Hmm, that makes me second think using
DVS...  Guess I need to decide how important history in the image vs.
history in CVS is to me.

Thanks,

Ken