is Missing multiple inheritance in sqeak a drawback ?

Hans Beck HNBeck at t-online.de
Fri Oct 11 18:32:16 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm using squeak for prototyping our LCD measurement system software.
 From time to time, some colleagues look at my display and are
astonished ;-)) But they are c++ freaks, and if we discuss about the
usability  of squeak for prototyping, always there comes the argument of
lacking multiple inheritance.

So because I'm not a theoretican for computer languages but  I suppose
there are a lot very good guys on this list, I would ask the community,
how far multiple inheritance is really needed, or is it bad or what ever
? (Looking from a more or less theoretical viewpoint of object oriented
concepts ) ?

Thanks for help finding arguments :-))

Greetings

Hans