[BUG?] ScriptingSystem arithmetics

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Oct 14 10:14:24 UTC 2002

I think this is a bug, or confusing at least:

When constructing arithmetic expressions with tiles, they bind from right
to left. However, the graphic representation suggests a left-to-right
order, which also would be the "smalltalky" way of binding. It only gets
obvious when one looks at the textual representation.

My particular case was limiting the range of a variable using min: and
max:. Of course, I constructed it as "[value][max:][-20][min:][20]".
But the actual code generated is "value max: (-20 min: 20)".

A workaround is to use "[-20][max:][20][min:][value]" which results in
"-20 max: (20 min: value)" but this is surprising, at best.

I don't see a simple solution. Any ideas?

-- Bert