Career in Squeak

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Wed Oct 16 21:16:42 UTC 2002

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, subroto  mukherjee wrote:

> Hi ! I have recently worked on a project on behalf of my University,
> which involved Squeak. I was quite intrigued by the software and would
> like to know what effective role it can play in my career since i've recently
> completed my postgraduation in Multimedia Information System and also i
> would like to know if there is any Higher level (M. Phil or PhD) qualification
> or perhaps another MSc. programme available in Squeak ?

Of course, I'd be interested in this, also.  I'm working towards finishing
my BS in Biology, with plans to go to grad school for ecology work,
perhaps working on ecological models in Squeak.  However, I'd be
interested in persuing a MS or PhD in CS (my minor), perhaps to work on
increasing biologist/ecologist field work effectiveness via special
purpose application software running on handhelds in the field.  Just an
idea. :)

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "the end of the human race will be that it will eventually
      die of civilization. "                          :: r. w. emerson