Career in Squeak

JohnMaloney at earthlink.net JohnMaloney at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 17 14:27:37 UTC 2002

Subroto,

You might consider going for an M.S. or Ph.D. with Mark Guzdial at
Georgia Tech. His students all use Squeak from the undergraduate level
up, and they've contributed heavily to Squeak over the years. Mark
wrote one book on Squeak and co-edited another. I think he'd be a
terrific thesis advisor.

The economy in the U.S. is bad right now, so I know a lot of Squeakers
who are out of work (along with a lot of C++, Java, and web programmers).
When it economy is bad, graduate school is a good place to be. With luck,
you come out with a shiny new degree just as things are picking up.

	-- John