OOPSLA - VM Porting Help

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Thu Oct 17 23:39:57 UTC 2002

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:14:17 +0200 (MET DST), Ian Piumarta
<ian.piumarta at inria.fr> wrote:

> Indeed!  (I even got in at the "Priceline Hyatt" for $50. :^)

Ian (and others interested),

Looks like I'm going to be doing OOPSLA this year as well. I'm in the
process of trying to get the Squeak VM ported to my Axis board
(http://developer.axis.com).

Unfortunately, VM stuff and GCC are not even close to my specialties, so I
would really appreciate it if some VM guys can help me at OOPSLA to get it
working.

Its a fully headless platform, but its a custom processor, so it requires a
custom version of GCC (which I have). It is running the standard 2.4.9
kernel, though, so hopefully that will help.

I'll be hanging out at Camp Smalltalk for most of the week... Any
volunteers from the VM experts?

Later,
Jon