Odd 'dead' primitives

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Fri Oct 18 11:02:14 UTC 2002

Tim,

[primitive: 123]
> Ah yes, of course; fortunately I'm aiming these
> changes at the VI4 so backwards compatability isn't
> much of a problem. Do you remember what needs doing
> in the image to remove it?

Just replace these methods by a call to #value and remove all the
primitive failure code. It's just unneeded.

[integerAt:[put:]
> Excellent. I suggest that the vm plugin manipluation prims can do the
> same, move them from 570 down somewhere. There's no direct users that
> appear to have any problem with changing the numbers.

Yup - I was actually thinking that once we do a little more serious
reorganization we could get rid of almost anything > 512.

> > Not really. The browser stuff should probably go someplace
> > separate and all of the display stuff ought to be its own
> > plugin anyways (but you know all this).
> Very true, but there's so often somebody with strong views on these
> things. Maybe it's time to make a DisplayPlugin to go with the
> SurfacePlugin.

That'd be very worthwhile but it's a question of how much time you have
to play with this.

Cheers,
  - Andreas