[ANN] New Version of VI4 (block closures)

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Wed Oct 23 15:52:35 UTC 2002

Can anyone account for this remarkable increase in speed?  I would
think that the incorporation of block closures would tend to slow,
rather than increase the speed of the interpreter.  Is something
missing or counted differently, or should we immediately dump the
present VM for a way more efficient machine?