DeltaModules vs Envy/Ginsu Class Extensions (was Re: Squeak Starter)

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Oct 23 17:58:58 UTC 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:

> Personally I think this could be really useful and when/if we decide to
> add support for individual package update streams in SqueakMap (which I
> think we should ASAP)

Well, I'm not so interested in package update streams, since they're
pretty much unnecessary if you use DVS instead - I find it much more
reliable to have DVS figure out the differences between the current
version loaded into an image and whatever the newest version is, than to
depend on the developer having produced that patch by hand.

But that only works for code packaged with DVS, of course.

Avi