Tests for ST collection hierarchy

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Oct 23 18:33:38 UTC 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, [iso-8859-1] Nathanael Sch=E4rli wrote:

> Hi
>
> Andrew Black and me are refactoring the ST collection hierarchy in
> Squeak using the Traits model.

Excellent.  Are you going to do streams next?  Do you need help?

> In order to validate the refactored
> classes, we need to have some test cases. We tried to find such tests on
> the web, but without success. Does anyone know whether there are tests
> for the ST collection classes available in Squeak or other ST dialects.
> Maybe as a part of the ANSI standardizaion effort? If yes, please let me
> know. It could save me a lot of work...

The ANSI tests were on Richard Harmon's homepage, which seems to be down.
I don't know if anyone has any idea where else they might be available in
Squeak format.  However, they're also in the GNU smalltalk distribution -
download ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.0d.tar.gz and look
at tests/ANSI.st .

Cheers,
Avi