pdf files

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Wed Oct 23 20:01:29 UTC 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Ned Konz wrote:

> We don't read PDF or PS files right now in Squeak; however, with
> OSProcess loaded you could launch an external PDF reader. But I guess
> that's not what you want.

An acceptable solution inbetween this would be to use an external renderer
(via OSProcess, AppleScript) and then view the output in Squeak.
A combination of pdf2ps and pstogif could do it. With that setup, one
could also view PostScript files in Squeak.  You wouldn't be able to
decompose them as individual morphs (like you can a web page in scamper),
but it'd be better than nothing.

Eventually, I'll put something like this together. I'm also thinking of
doing something similar with a HTML renderer, but I've not found a
worthwhile html2gif so far.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws"  :: m. l. king jr.