The Future of Dynapad (survey!)

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Thu Oct 24 16:55:25 UTC 2002

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Norton, Chris wrote:

> Maybe I'm not thinking clearly, but I think it would be nice to simulate
> these PDA machines from within Squeak.  The emulation code could probably
> even be turned into a VM plug-in, so it could have snappy performance.  :-)

In all honesty, this is something I will not write.  Way too much work for
such little benefit.

If I was super-keen on emulating the actual hardware of the PDA on which
I'd run Dynapad, one could use the iPAQ emulator for Windoze.

Because it's all built on Squeak, my iPAQ apps do already run everywhere
Squeak runs.  There's nothing specific to iPAQ hardware or ARM binaries.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "A weed is just a plant whose virtures have not
                     yet been discovered."            :: r. w. emerson