SqueakMap Package Loader

Göran Hultgren goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Oct 24 21:29:28 UTC 2002

Hi Brent and all!

Quoting Brent Vukmer <bvukmer at blackboard.com>:
> Dan, Goran, Ned, Avi -- everybody working on this rocks.

Thanks!

> I see two SqueakMap listings in the Loader.  When I try to install the

Two listings? Are you sure you are not seeing "SqueakMap" and "SqueakMap
Browser"? (Note: "SqueakAmp" is something else...  ;-) )

> RC1 version, I get the messages something like "map1 not available" then

RC1 would be package "SqueakMap". The "not available" message is ok - the map1
server is not active yet. It should fall back onto map2.

But using SM Loader you should be getting it when doing a "net map update" (or
whatever it is called) or when opeing the SM Loader, not when doing an install
of some package.

> "download of SqueakMapBrowser failed".

Ok, the "download fails" message is actually a bug - you will get the same
message regardless if it was installation or download that failed. Daniel is
fixing that, simple copy/paste error. But... did you try to install/download
"SqueakMap Browser"? You were just saying that you were installing RC1
(="SqueakMap", not "SqueakMap Browser")...

> The RC1 listing disappears from the Loader's list.

This depends on active filters - perhaps you are only showing "new or newer"
which would mean that when you install a package it disappears from the list
because then there no longer is a "new or newer" version available - you just
installed the newest...

> The SqueakMap Browser( ->012023 ) listing is still
> there, but if I try to install it, I get a Debugger.  After that, I

Ooops.

> can't seem to install anything.  The squeakmapbrowser-021023.cs.gz file
> was downloaded and unzipped, though.

Ok. This might be something Daniel was talking about - some bug I obviously have
missed in "unpack". It should return true/false but misses that. I will check it
out tomorrow when I get back to the office.

Thanks for testing, sorry for my confused answers...

regards, Göran

Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
\"Department of Redundancy department.\" -- ThinkGeek