SqueakMap Package Loader ( PIE! need PIE! ) <:)

Daniel Joyce daniel.a.joyce at worldnet.att.net
Thu Oct 24 23:43:31 UTC 2002

On Thursday 24 October 2002 03:52 pm, danielv at netvision.net.il wrote:
> Hi Brent.
>
> SqueakMap is the model for the catalog that is has all the packages.
> It's where all the smarts are.
>
> SqueakMap Package Loader and SqueakMap Browser are a simple and more
> advanced GUIs on top of that model.
>
> Since the initial UI you're using is already SM + SMLoader, you can
> install SMBrowser, and the dependency will already be fulfilled.
>
> Dependencies in general are something that we're still mulling
> around, and are as yet completely unsupported by the code (though
> there seem to be some good ideas floating around).
>
> Daniel

Look at the ideas discussed in PIE, it seems to solve a lot of the
issues we are grappling with. I need to write that paper on PIE,
Traits, Namespaces and SandBoxing... >.<

Yes, I found a like to the PIE documents, REAL COOL IDEAS here...

http://www.dolphinharbor.org/dh/smalltalk/documents/

Please take a look, and consider these ideas.

-Daniel