Walt Disney Internet Group released Tea

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Fri Oct 25 21:33:29 UTC 2002

PhiHo Hoang wrote:

>FWIW :
>
>http://opensource.go.com/Tea/index.html
>
>Cheers,
>
>PhiHo.

While I admit that I need to look deeper, Tea already has two strikes
against it in my book:

Strike 1:
 From the web site: "Tea is a strongly typed, compiled programming
language, designed to work within a Java-based hosting environment."
Note: Further reading reveals that Tea executes within the Java VM.

Strike 2:
 From the User Manual:
"Tea is a template language with a simple syntax, which supports the
notions of having code inside an ordinary html page, like an ASP".
Note: In my opinion, any significant amount of code within the HTML page
is a recipe for a maintenance nightmare.

OK, somebody please convince me that I should look deeper.  The Walt
Disney group is a world-class group-- if this were from anybody else I
would immediately deep-six it without further investigation.

Nevin