SM Installers

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sat Oct 26 20:36:56 UTC 2002

Goran, Daniel,

First of all, I'm having trouble with SM RC2 - I get an error when trying
to gunzip it.

Secondly - I'm trying to figure out how to hook in an SMDVSInstaller.  The
problem is with the #canInstall: mechanism.  I'd rather not use a special
extension to mark DVS packages, since they are just normal fileOuts and
should be installable even if you don't have DVS loaded.  Right now I have
it checking the package description for any occurence of the string "DVS"
(so people can write "in DVS format" or something in the description), but
this seems a little clunky.  Suggestions?

Cheers,
Avi