[ANN] SqueakMap Package Loader (0.95)

Magistrello Alejandro (SFA) magistra at TELEFONICA.COM.AR
Mon Oct 28 13:06:12 UTC 2002

Hi

>[SNIP]
>> There was allegedly a situtation where things misbehaved when SM
>> couldn't find any servers. Goran, you blamed me. Bad, bad goran ;-)
>
>:-) Well, I am not sure I blaed you - not finding the servers was probably
>proxy/firewall problem in itself (I hope, haven't heard anymore from
Alejandro)

it was not,

i answered to a mail where you say this:
>And you could also try with commenting out the first 2 lines in
>#pingServer: if you are having trouble with the DNS or something:
>
>	"serverAddr _ NetNameResolver addressForName: (aServerName upTo: $:)
>timeout: 5.
>	serverAddr = nil ifTrue: [^false]."

and this made it work.

don´t know how to reproduce the dnu,
so attached is the debuglog from a fresh image, whitout SM and filein RC1.

Best regards
Alejandro Magistrello

PS. i read the list from work, so that´s the main reason why i don´t answer
any email during weekends ;-)

 <<SqueakDebug.log>>