About SqueakMap for 3.2 and the future!

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Oct 28 18:10:15 UTC 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:

> Enjoy. I am thinking of adding this class into SM but then we need to
> make it pretty in SMLoader and Browser too. :-) Or perhaps we could just
> reuse parts of Scamper to show the HTML?!

Well, or we could separate the parsing of Wiki text from the display - you
would build and store a parse tree and then have one visitor which
generated HTML, one which generated styled text for use in the SMBrowser,
one which could recreate the Wiki text (for editing), etc.  But I guess
extracting a simple HTML rendering morph from Scamper is perhaps more
generally useful.

Avi