Serious Games: Improving Public Policy through Game-Based Learning and Simulation

Eric Scharff squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue Oct 1 23:19:32 UTC 2002

>  > While reading the PDF file at the following link it seemed that Squeak
>  > might be useful here.  Plus it seems that there are organizations that
>  > might want to fund these sorts of experiments.
>  >
>  > http://wwics.si.edu/foresight/game/index.htm

<shameless-plug>

Our research group here at the University of Colorado has been using the
ideas of planning games for a while, starting with pure physical games and
moving to integrated physical-computational games.

You can see a walkthrough of some of our older stuff at
http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~l3d/systems/EDC/demo/demo01.html

Our more recent work has been entirely in Squeak, but unfortunately isn't
as well documented:

http://webguide.cs.colorado.edu:9080/entwine/Projects/PitABoard

</shameless-plug>

-Eric