[Bug] MPEG in OS X 10.2?

Mark Guzdial squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu Oct 3 12:52:03 UTC 2002

Found the "bug"!  It's FileList2!

I keep my MPEG movies in a directory at the top level of my tree
(/mpeg-movies) as opposed to in my user space (~/mpeg-movies).  I
didn't realize that they weren't permitted to me!  FileList2 was
returning 'nil' as the file returned.  I guess 10.2 is "more secure" in
this sense?  Anyway, playback is working fine for me now -- as long as
I permit myself my own files <sheesh!>.

Thanks for the help, John!!
Mark

On Wednesday, October 2, 2002, at 10:34  PM, John M McIntosh wrote:

> Well got any interesting  messages that pop up in the console
> application?
>
> Also do you know which primitive call fails?
>
> --
> ====
> John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> 1-800-477-2659
> ====

Mark Guzdial : Georgia Tech : College of Computing
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280
Associate Professor, Learning Sciences & Technologies
Collaborative Software Lab, http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~mark.guzdial/