Question

Boris Gaertner squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sat Oct 5 15:57:42 UTC 2002

AskedLuis Alessi Salazar <asalazar at sol.info.unlp.edu.ar> asked

> Hi, My name is Luis and I´m from La Plata, Argentina.
> I wanted to ask how do I load a category that I have on a file ?(the file
is an .st
> file, and I cant find a 'filein' in any menu )
1. Call up the Background menu and select the option "open"
2. a new menu pops up. Select the option "file list"
3. As a result, a violet window is opened. This is the
   file manager. On the left, you see a list of your drives.
   The working directory (this is teh directory from where
   you started Squeak) is selected. Right to the list of
   drives and directories you see a list of all subdirectories
   and files the currently selected directory.
4. Try to find the file that you want to file in.
   When you placed it into your working directory,
   you will be able to find it immediately; otherwise,
   you will have to select the directory where your
   file is stored. Not that you select directories in the
   right-hand subwindow. When you select a subdirectory,
  both the left and the right list boxes are updated.
4. When you found your file, selected it with a mouse
   click. When you do this, the file content (or a part of it)
   are displayed in the lower subwindow of the file browser.
   Call up the menu in the file name list window (not in the
   file content window). The first menu item should be "file in"
   and that is what you need. The "file in" option is only
offered for files with extgensions that are known to Squeak.

>I have the Squeak 3.0, and where can
> I get a tutorial for this kind of doubts?
I do not know. You can however look at
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1

Grretings Boris