Refactoring Browser - new release, new home and other news.

Avi Bryant squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon Oct 7 04:54:11 UTC 2002

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Ned Konz wrote:

> Right now, I've named my system categories using 3.3 module naming
> conventions so people could load Connectors into 3.3 images with less
> difficulty.
>
> So instead of system categories named "Connectors-*", I have system
> categories named "Project-Connectors-*".
>
> If I start naming method categories like this, I'll have method
> categories like "*project-connectors-geometry" which is too wide to
> show fully on most peoples browsers.
>
> Is there some shortcut for defining equivalence for DVS (i.e. telling
> it that method categories named like "*connectors-geometry" are
> really associated with the package named by "Project-Connectors-*" ?

Not currently.  If you want to try adding it,
Module>>isYourClassExtension: is what you'd need to modify.  The
programmatic change should be easy, but letting the UI manage these
shortcuts, and making sure the shortcut info gets filed out and back in
with the module will be a little trickier.

One thing I was discussing with Daniel V. was allowing you to define a
custom subclass of Module for each Module you wrote; since this would be
filed out with all of the rest of your code, no separate metadata would be
needed.