Flow installation

Craig Latta squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon Oct 7 22:13:58 UTC 2002

Hi Bill--

> I re-tried installing Flow, and got the same results...

	If you've got any more info, like a context stack (or even better, a
serialized debugger with all the actual contexts, perhaps within a
Project), I'd be eager to look at it.

> ...it does file in correctly using a clean 3.2 release image.
> However, once it files in, 'a' readStream next; next still gives nil
> vs. throwing an exception.  ReadStream seems to be unpatched?

	Right, I wrote a completely new Stream hierarchy. The current release
doesn't yet attempt to make the rest of the system use it. In this
reimplementation, the default message interface for streams supports
reading; saying "readStream" is redundant (subclasses can retract
readability). The test you want to try is ('a' stream next; next).

	thanks!

-C

--
Craig Latta