OOPSLA hotels

squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu Oct 10 16:34:28 UTC 2002

"Stephen Pair" <spair at acm.org> wrote:
> Is it the address that's the problem or the credit card number itself?

Nope it was bugging me about State (and only US states to choose from)
and phone number that it obviously checked the areacode against the
state. Sigh. I sort of gave up there because it felt like cheating to
simply smack something in...

> That's weird since priceline does appear to allow you to book hotels in
> Europe.  But then again, priceline doesn't seem to like Mozilla.
>
> Priceline does allow you to buy a hotel room for a third party...I'll be
> happy to do that for anyone that's willing to send me cash first via
> PayPal.com (since once you make a priceline.com reservation it's
> non-refundable).  Of course, I'm assuming that PayPal.com will work for
> international payments.

Yep, PayPal works. I have such an account.

> Including the tax and processing fee, my total was $290.25 (checking in
> on Sunday, checking out on Friday).  Email me offline if you need me to
> do this for you (I'll only be willing to do this for a few people...I
> don't want to become the travel agent for all the non-US OOPSLA
> attendees ;)).

;-) Richard here has a former girlfriend in the US that might take care
of it for us.
Otherwise I will get back to you, thanks for the offer.

regards, Göran