OOPSLA hotels

Marcus Denker squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu Oct 10 17:22:13 UTC 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 11:25:04AM -0400, Stephen Pair wrote:
> Is it the address that's the problem or the credit card number itself?
> That's weird since priceline does appear to allow you to book hotels in
> Europe.  But then again, priceline doesn't seem to like Mozilla.
>
> Priceline does allow you to buy a hotel room for a third party...I'll be
> happy to do that for anyone that's willing to send me cash first via
> PayPal.com (since once you make a priceline.com reservation it's
> non-refundable).  Of course, I'm assuming that PayPal.com will work for
> international payments.

paypal is a nice system  for international payment. The only problem is
that they only allow to withdraw funds to bank-accounts in some countries,
but if you are on that list (or you only need to send money), it's great.

Thanks for the offer, Stephen! But I think it's even simpler to pay Michael
(because he has a german bank account).

   Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeakland.org