is Missing multiple inheritance in sqeak a drawback ?

Simon Michael squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri Oct 11 21:59:54 UTC 2002

"Alex Peake" <apeake at comac.com> writes:
> There is one aspect of MI that I find quite practical, from a
> productivity and a manageability perspective, and that is Mixins (as in
> CLOS, PLT Scheme, ..).

Same here. I use this a lot in python. In fact it started as an attempt to
simulate squeak's method categories; I wanted to move distinct areas of
functionality into separate files, to make the code more readable.
Moving those methods into a mixin class seemed to be the way to do that.
But I think it has also led to a better factored product.

-Simon