Oopsla for less

Ned Konz squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sat Oct 12 00:10:30 UTC 2002

On Friday 11 October 2002 09:32 am, Derek Brans wrote:
> I wasn't able to sign up for Oopsla this year for lack of funds.  I
> wanted to  meet some of the Smalltalk community and learn a lot.=20
> I'm sad that I'm not going.
> Does anyone have any suggestion on how to attend Oopsla on a really
> tight budget?  Does anyone know anybody needing an assistant?

There was some discussion here earlier about going to OOPSLA and=20
getting a (free, I think) exhibit pass, and attending Camp Smalltalk=20
and the Squeak BOF for free.

Allen Wirfs-Brock thought that it was a bad idea to not pay ACM, since=20
it could jeopardize their future interest in OOPSLA.

Others said (as I recall) that they'd pay if they were employed.

--=20
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com
GPG key ID: BEEA7EFE