[BUG]Who removed handling of 'changed: #messageList'?

Tim Rowledge squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue Oct 15 00:03:54 UTC 2002

I've just been trying out Chris Muller's tracing message browser (neat
idea, like it so far) and found a problem that seems to affect all or
most subclasses of Browser under MVC. Under morphic it is fine because,
no doubt, of the stepping code.

I have the latest updates in my 3.2 image, which has made no difference.

What is (not) happening is the handling of 'self changed: #messageList'
which is sent in various places such as MessageSet>addItem:. Thus under
MVC when using the tracing broswer, the added methods are not actually
added to the list - though selecting an item in the displayed list might
well result in one of the additional methods being shown.

So does anyone remember (or have a record of) where the right #upate:
method should be and what it should send?

tim
And on the seventh day, He exited from append mode.