[OT] RE: Flight or Fright; was: Re: Object Format

Tim Rowledge squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue Oct 15 19:56:22 UTC 2002

"Jarvis, Robert P. (Contingent)" <Jarvisb at timken.com> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> De Havilland?!?  So it's got fabric covered wings and an inverted inline
> engine (ala the Tiger Moth, Gypsy Moth, and Dragon Rapide)?  And you expect
> this thing to be *fast*?!?!?!?
Ever heard of the Mosquito? One of the faster propellor driven aircraft
ever to be built - twin Merlins (as designed by my great-uncle Sir
Arthur) and plywood construction. Used in the 633 Squadron raids etc
etc.

Then there was the Vampire & Venom fast jet fighters and of course the
DH108 was the first supersonic jet. And the DH 106 Comet, the worlds
first jet airliner.

So yes, I can expect this thing to be reasonably fast, if not quite as
flashy as some others. :-)

tim

Useful random insult:- She worries about the calories licking stamps and envelopes.