Squeak Starter

Raymond squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed Oct 16 21:49:46 UTC 2002

Le 2002/10/16 à 21:23, Göran Hultgren <goran.hultgren at bluefish.se> a écrit:

>Hi all!
Hi Goran
>Quoting Stephane Ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch>:
>> But if you believe it is worth the conceptual mess go for it. I imagine
>Ok, what about all you other people out there? Are my explanations
>making any
>sense?

Even i¹m not an expert what I readed about modules, and what you wrote about it look really clear to
me at least Œconceptualy¹, and in continuity with the last year debate.

Like you I don¹t see why the concept of a DeltaModule is bad. May be it is unusual...to define it as an
active element (can reverse what it did) seems even quality. Anyway this is needed, we have to Œroll
back¹ or Œforward¹ the code to adapt it and doing this actively instead of by definition only seems a
good way, to me.

I try also SqueakMap which is Œan absolute need¹ and a model for it simplicity of use.
So, if we can push ahead the Henrik module work and made it simple to use even for new
Squeakers, it will be a hit.

I wish I can help in that work but it is not the case. I¹m learning Squeak the hard way (alone) and will
begin a small team of two others Squeakers this week-end (the only way not to be alone seems to be
Œmake a group¹ ) So i will begin to teach Squeak to two non-programmer but interested people...why
not.

>I continue to stand by the Modules codebase as a good start, but I am
>always
>open for improvements.
>
>regards, Göran
Ciao Goran