[ANN] Behavioral Inspector

Stephane Ducasse squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun Oct 20 19:22:21 UTC 2002

Hi daniel

What I learned is that this inspector is frustrating because often ti=
me=20
I want to see the variables :)) In fact in Fscript
this is the default inspector and this is a bit normal because the=
=20
underlying data structure of objects is Objective-C run-time objects.

But I think that for teaching encapsulation this is very interesting.=
=20
Now this is definitively not something
finished, alex coded it in one afternoon and then we refined it a bit=
=20
=66rom a usability point of view.

What would be nice is to have a switch to see also if wanted the=20
instance variables. If you have any wishes
or improvement :::)))) (we like a lot code from others. Feel free to=
=20
tell us and to send us new features.

I like the pane that extract the method comments this is useful for=
=20
knowing the type of the argument.
I like your idea to be able to specify stacked objects in the message=
=20
arguments. and this is clear that
having those huge list of only sorted alphabetically methods is not=
=20
what I would prefer (we could dream about a
hierarchical list showing categories and the possibility to switch=
=20
between different view, sorted alphabetically....
But I do not have the time now.

Stef

On dimanche, octobre 20, 2002, at 01:24  am, danielv at netvision.net.il=
=20