Zip-based Squeak distributions -- ideas needed

Ned Konz squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon Oct 21 20:34:23 UTC 2002

On Monday 21 October 2002 01:05 pm, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> is claimed by the authorities to have=20
written:
> > I was just playing around with making a zip-based Squeak
> > distribution format that could be used for multi-CS packages.
>
> Isn't the clever trick that Craig used for the Flow package
> suitable? IIRC it has multiple zip chunks within a single file.

That is, in the preamble he did this to find the stream:

currentContext _ thisContext.
[currentContext home receiver class =3D=3D StandardFileStream] whileFalse=
:=20
[currentContext _ currentContext sender].
thisFileStream _ currentContext home receiver.
thisFileStream position: 3021.

I still need to provide this to the preamble and postscript code, if I=20
want change-set compatibility.

I think I'll go ahead and use a global, perhaps a global stack if I=20
need nested installs like this (but I doubt that'd be necessary, as=20
you could put everything you need in one zip).

--=20
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com
GPG key ID: BEEA7EFE