Zip-based Squeak distributions -- ideas needed

squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue Oct 22 08:00:23 UTC 2002

Hi Ned and all!

danielv at netvision.net.il wrote:
> Make it one of SqueakMap's installers, and thus
> 1. It will probably get in the image pretty soon.
> 2. Such packages will then become a SM supported format, and thus even
> more useful.

Yes, Ned - this one is actually on my todo-list after you proposed it a
while ago!
I will send you my latest SM in a minute - take a look at SMInstaller
and subclasses.
Just make another subclass there. I just refactored those classes a bit
so that download and unpack are inheritable (but for your format you
would only use "super download").

SqueakMap is going into the update stream "any day now" - I just need to
fix a few things, look over the code and fix comments and get it over to
Scott - we have already talked this over together with Doug.

regards, Göran