[Q] SqueakMap

Göran Hultgren squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu Oct 24 21:11:32 UTC 2002

Hi all!

Quoting Ken Causey <ken at ineffable.com>:
> On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 15:18, Magistrello Alejandro (SFA) wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to acces the contents of
> > a SM server from outside Squeak ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Alejandro Magistrello
>
> http://marvin.bluefish.se:8000/sm

Yes, just to make this clear:

1. The master is currently running on marvin.bluefish.se and answering on port
8000. The url needs to contain "/sm" to end up right.

2. I also isntalled Apache on that machine and proxified the same url into
"http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm". The difference is that it uses port 80
which might work better if you are behind a proxy/firewall.

3. The server will shortly be moved onto a server called anakin.bluefish.se
(which map1.squeakfoundation.org points to).

4. Later when everything works good we will move the master server over to Cees
at squeakfoundation somewhere. map1 and map2 will then be redirected.

5. I also intend to set up a slave mirror on map2 so that if map1 goes down
clients will simply fall back on map2 not missing a beat hopefully.

regards, Göran

PS. So hopefully Alejandro - you got it working? Just ask otherwise. DS

Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
\"Department of Redundancy department.\" -- ThinkGeek