[ANN] SqueakMap Package Loader (0.95)

Göran Hultgren squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sat Oct 26 10:48:29 UTC 2002

Hi Daniel and all!

Sitting in front of the fire with typical swedish autumn outside (rain and
cold), a warm cat curled up beside me and my brand new laptop on my knee. The
only thing wrong with this set up is that the laptop runs XP, but hey...

Daniel, 0.95 sounds dandy - lots of fixes there!

[SNIP]
> There was allegedly a situtation where things misbehaved when SM
> couldn't find any servers. Goran, you blamed me. Bad, bad goran ;-)

:-) Well, I am not sure I blaed you - not finding the servers was probably a
proxy/firewall problem in itself (I hope, haven't heard anymore from Alejandro)
but the point was that SMLoader seemed to misbehave when starting up with an
empty map - essentially it was a DNU when asking nil about it's name or
something like that.

> well, can anyone give me a recipe to reproduce? disconnecting the
> network cable doesn't do anything interesting.

Try temporarily renaming your "sm" directory to something else and then change
"ServerList" in SMSqueakMap to #() or something (look at SMSqueakMap
class>>initialize). Then you should clear out the singleton "Default" in
SMSqueakMap and run "SMLoader open". If I am correct this would create a new
empty map, try to update, fail on all servers and then start SMLoader.

I haven't tested it.

regards, Göran

Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
\"Department of Redundancy department.\" -- ThinkGeek