changing window and font colors

Raymond squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon Oct 28 02:00:06 UTC 2002

Le 2002/10/27 à 14:19, Michael Vanier <mvanier at cs.caltech.edu> écrivait:

>What I'd like is to be able to independently set the text color just for
>(say) workspaces or browsers.  Ditto for background colors.  I assume this
>will involve hacking the code for workspaces/browsers, but I have been
>unable to figure out how either of these get their colors.  It must be
>doable independently because, for instance, transcript windows have
>different colors than workspaces.

Michael , as I understand things, a browser  contains panes, some of them are PluggableListMorph
which contains String etc...other are PluggableTextMorph...
So you have more chance to find where the color is handle by looking at the right object. You are
looking for text¹color so may be you¹ll have to check PlugableTextMorph ?

Try this you¹ll understand.

1-Open a browser
2-Select the ŒDebug¹ halo and /morph protocol (text)
3-In the new kind of browser that you will see, click the ŒOnly through Morph¹ button and select
ŒSystem Window¹ (this allow you to see only messages of ŒSystem Window¹)
4-Then click the ŒFind¹ button and type Œcolor¹ you¹ll see all methods appropriate to Œcolor¹ in the
pane associate with --query result .  You see  ŒsetWindowColor¹ and ŒcolorPane:¹ but nothing  about
text color...so close the Window and try this.

1) Try to see the halo of PluggableTextMorph for the code pane in the System Browser window
(bottom pane)
2) 2-Select the ŒDebug¹ halo and Œmorph protocol (text)¹
3-In the new kind of browser that you will see, click the ŒOnly through Morph¹ button and select
ŒPluggableTextMorph¹ (this allow you to see only messages of it)
4-Then click the ŒFind¹ button and type Œcolor¹ you¹ll see all methods appropriate to Œcolor¹ in the
pane associate with --query result .
You see  ŒsetTextColor¹ ....etc

Hope this help you

Ray