Persistent VM (was Re: [ANN] New Version of VI4 (block closures))

PhiHo Hoang squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue Oct 29 07:11:01 UTC 2002

Hi Frank,

> Have you considered MetaKit (http://www.equi4.com/metakit) ?

    Thanks for the pointer. I will have a look.
    (MobVM also needs a very light weight DB for its own use.)

    SQLite seems to be very modular,
    the pieces at different levels from the SQL user interface
    down to the interface to the OS are very well defined.

    It has many user http://cvs.hwaci.com:2080/sqlite/wiki?p=SqliteUsers,
    SmallScript is staring to use it as well.

    Besides, as I said in the previous post, its SQL is typeless
    and it has a VM (and written in just plain C, no C++ ;-)

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.