[OT] Inquiring Minds want to know WAS: Re: Envy or Store or what?

Patrik Nordebo squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed Oct 30 13:35:33 UTC 2002

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 08:22:10AM +0100, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> But when adding a PSS (or a PPS - both variants occur) we also seem to
> end that with a corresponding DSS or DDS - and I have no idea what that
> should mean - perhaps it just "looks cool".

It's probably used because of the similarity between "PS" and "DS", I
don't think it actually means anything.

> After checking around it also seems that most people think it should be
> "PPS" as in "post post scriptum". But somewhere I saw that it could mean
> "post scriptum secundum". He.

Well, in that case you'd have to use "PST" ("post scriptum tertius")
for the third postscript, which breaks the symmetry and is more easily
confused for something else ("psst", for instance). And you'd have to
know latin to continue the series.

As my contributions are awfully off-topic, I'll just go back to
lurking in a corner now.