Envy or Store or what?

Jon Hylands squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed Oct 30 16:58:27 UTC 2002

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:49:01 -0500, "Martin Kobetic" <kobetic at rogers.com>
wrote:

> I think this is a matter of preference. I prefer to have control over =
what get's into repository and what doesn't. With ENVY if you
> add and remove halt in the method 10 times you've got 20 garbage =
versions of the method in the repository forever. I'm much happier
> for those to go into the change log and get lost when I rebuild the =
image next time.
> I use StORE in combination with the Change Log based method-history =
goodie, which gives me access to all the versions that I am ever
> interested to see. So I don't see this as a disadvantage, more the =
opposite.

Not only that, but it also gives you the ability to work disconnected =
from
the repository, which is a crucial feature in my opinion...

Later,
Jon