The cutting stock problem...

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Sep 3 18:59:15 UTC 2002

> Anybody here with good knowledge about the cutting stock problem and
> algorithms for that?
> Especially interested in some advice about the jungle of different
> approaches.
>
> This particular problem is meant to be applied on rectangular stock
> (multiple sheets of different size) and with "cutting out pieces" with
> arbitrary shapes (but rather simple geometric ones).
>
> regards, Göran

Göran , I wish more details about this .
You mean
NumberOfsheets _ (valueMin to valueMax) atRandom "What valueMin and valueMax
yoy wish ? "
sheetInstance _ Rectangle origin: 0 at 0 corner: x @ y . " x y atRandom too "

shape1 shape2 ... shapeN "Rectangles, triangles , circles , other ? "

And if we cut this shapes on each sheetInstance we finish with a minimun
waste of sheets material ?

We could use this as programming problem in class ?

Cheers . Edgar

Cobertura especial de la Copa Mundial de la FIFA Corea-Japón 2002, sólo en Yahoo! Deportes:
http://ar.sports.yahoo.com/fifaworldcup/