Building external Plugins on OS-X

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Sep 5 03:01:47 UTC 2002

I'll note that Andrew Greenburg was responsible for much of the
documentation creation, and the restructing of the project after my
hacking to make it much easier to work with.

But since your're doing a external plugin build can we get a copy of
your build documents?

Check to see if you've got SQUEAK_BUILTIN_PLUGIN defined if so why?
That triggers this define
#ifdef SQUEAK_BUILTIN_PLUGIN
extern
#endif
struct VirtualMachine* interpreterProxy;

which leaves interpreterProxy as extern, thus the linker complains. Not
sure if this is a bug/feature in vmmaker, but let's hear your story
first.

On Wednesday, September 4, 2002, at 04:06  PM, Helge Horch wrote:

> Linking .../Squeak/build/RePlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/RePlugin
> (1 error) Undefined symbols: _interpreterProxy
>
> Hmm.  /usr/bin/ld is not happy.  I'd be grateful for tips and hints on
> where my setup is wrong or incomplete.
>
> Cheers,
> Helge

===