[ANN] Cash For Documentation project

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Sep 5 08:38:37 UTC 2002

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Jack Keel wrote:

> Are there comment guidelines somewhere?

Apart from what's in the image, I don't think so.

> The present comments look awful in Dandelion because it must do a <pre>
> around them to maintain any formatting that does exist which results in
> very, very long lines.  Is Dandelion even accepted as a good way to
> browse (i.e., would comments formatted for Dandelion be accepted by the
> Squeak Browser lovers?).

Dandelion could do better than <pre>. Look here, for example:
	http://swiki.gsug.org:8888/browser/

One concrete example would be this:
	http://swiki.gsug.org:8888/browser/comment?class=Heap

While the formatting of tabs is not too nice, it's still readable. It
would be a nice little project to convert tab-formatted comments into
pretty HTML ...

-- Bert