String>>hash performance

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Thu Sep 5 10:19:40 UTC 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 12:43:18 +1200 (NZST) "Richard A. O'Keefe" <ok at cs.otago.ac.nz> wrote:
>What should I do so that clicking on a (2.8,3.0,3.2) .image or .changes
>file will start a (2.8,3.0,3.2) VM?  Or should I care?  Will the 3.2 VM
>handle all of them?  How then do I make MacOS use the 3.2 VM?

I would try the newest VM you have and only revert to an older one if you experience a problem. FWIW, I tend to use drag-and-drop to launch Squeak. I keep my Squeak-ish folders organized in icon view with the VMs at the top and the images right below. Then I just find the image I'm interested in and drop it on a VM that looks appropriate. I have tons of images and tons of VMs and this works well for me.

Cheers,
Bob