[ANN] Cash For Documentation project

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 5 20:12:30 UTC 2002

Avi Bryant wrote:

> Yes - ComSwikiLauncher starts the Swiki, but doesn't do anything to start
> Seaside. If you want Seaside on port 8000, stop the Swiki on that port,
> and do "IAKom startOn: 8000" in a workspace. Or, leave the Swiki running
> and start Seaside on some other port.

If anyone can actually get a single Squeak image to listen on two ports
successfully for more than a few minutes, please let me know.  I spent a month
investigating, but was never able to track down the cause of the problem; that
the socket listening on the forked process would stop responding after a few
minutes of working just fine.

For a detailed explanation, see my question I posted on Jun 20th, "[Q] Can
Squeak listen on two sockets from the same image?".

Regards,
  Chris