Interpreter>>pushReceiverVariableBytecode

Stephen Pair spair at acm.org
Fri Sep 6 19:00:23 UTC 2002

After much debugging, I finally noticed the comment about
currentBytecode in this method.  It seems to have bitten me because I
changed the implementation of pushReceiverVariable: and apparently
foiled whatever magic the CCodeGenerator is doing to keep
currentBytecode constant.  I have a couple of questions about this:

A) What is the benefit of this re-ordering?
B) Where is the magic in the CCodeGenerator that is keeping
currentBytecode constant?
C) What restrictions do I have to live with in #pushReceiverVariable: in
order not to foil the CCodeGenerator?

Thanks,
Stephen

pushReceiverVariableBytecode

	self fetchNextBytecode.
	"this bytecode will be expanded so that refs to currentBytecode
below will be constant"
	self pushReceiverVariable: (currentBytecode bitAnd: 16rF).