Making Squeak look good on WinXP

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Sat Sep 7 21:10:05 UTC 2002

> So far, it's looks very interesting and I've already ordered Marc
> Guzdial's book (good choice?). However, there's something that's
> really annoying: Compared to the smooth display on Kay's PowerBook,
> the fonts on my Windows XP notebook using a 1600x1200 TFT display look
> terrible.

Terrible?! As in "garbled"?! Or as in "too small"?! Terrible is a bit
non-descriptive here (and feel free to use a German word - es gibt genug
Deutsche hier ;-)

But for starters, try playing around with some of the font settings.
They can be found if you click on the desktop, choose "appearance" and
"system fonts". There's plenty of stuff to play around with.

Cheers,
  - Andreas